JUNE 2014 Update
Hey fellow Adventure Gamers,
Time for a backer update. Since the last public Stasis update, I’ve spent a portion of my time fine tuning the Stasis adventure game engine.
What does that mean?
Well, here is what some of these improvements include:
- The voice dialogue will now overlap the screens. In other words, you can chat over the radio and it will still play seamlessly between different areas.
- I’ve done a massive rework of the dialogue system itself, which will make language translation much more manageable.
- A large optimization of the way that John’s feet stick to, or touch, the ground when he walks. This eliminates the gliding and sliding effect.
- There are now 16 directions of movement, instead of the previous 8, which makes everything smoother.
- WEBP conversion and image optimization – which means the entire game will only be 2 Gigs or less. The Alpha chapter was a Gig by itself!
- A better particle system for the dust, so we have different sized dust particles to give the scenes more depth.
I’ve also worked on several new areas that fall under the medical labs of the Groomlake.
Read the rest of this post on Kickstarter here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bischoff/stasis-2d-isometric-scifi-horror-adventure-game/posts/894800